About Hunter Publishers br> br>
We’re an independent Australian publisher with offices in Brisbane and Melbourne. We publish a unique blend of fiction, non-fiction and poetry and specialise in writing that is original and engaged — much of it written by young Australian writers you’ve never heard of, but should have. br>
- Little is known about the French colony of la Ville de Baudin.
- The shape of the curves is what matters and not their origin.
- ‘Now whoever has courage, and a strong and collected spirit in his breast, let him come forward, lace on the gloves and put up his hands.’
- ‘I wondered, what it is that we hear in silence.’ Patrick Holland on The Source of the Sound.
CurrentTitlesDisplaying 1–5 of 5
‘Leila Abdelrazaq tells a coming of age story that is funny, angry and deeply human … Baddawi is the story of her father’s childhood in a Lebanese refugee camp. It is also the story of hundreds of thousands of displaced Palestinians.’ — Molly Crabapple, author of Drawing Blood
- Beneath Our Armour
Beneath Our Armour is unique. This sequence of portrait poems covers vast tracts of history, geography, and personae in a way that is at once intimate and epic.
- Father’s Day
Tony Birch’s first collection of stories, Shadowboxing, was shortlisted for the Queensland Premier’s Literary Awards in 2006 and was voted top five in a State Library of Victoria poll of readers’ all-time favorite books set in Victoria.
- Good On Paper
‘A flawless evocation of the literature machine, a witty remodelling of a crime caper, a perfectly formed entertainment.’ WINNER — MELBOURNE LORD MAYOR’S CREATIVE WRITING AWARDS
- How a Moth Becomes a Boat
A father teaches his daughter how to break whiskey bottles. A woman looks for an old lover in a satellite photograph. A man finds the voice of his dead wife on an unlabelled cassette tape. A blind girl dreams about the taste of the moon.