About Hunter Publishers br> br>
We’re an independent Australian publisher with offices in Brisbane and Melbourne. We publish a unique blend of fiction, non-fiction and poetry and specialise in writing that is original and engaged — much of it written by young Australian writers you’ve never heard of, but should have. br>
- Contemporary Australian Feminist Poetry Anthology — Submissions Closing Soon
- Little is known about the French colony of la Ville de Baudin.
- The shape of the curves is what matters and not their origin.
- ‘Now whoever has courage, and a strong and collected spirit in his breast, let him come forward, lace on the gloves and put up his hands.’
CurrentTitlesDisplaying 1–5 of 5
‘Leila Abdelrazaq tells a coming of age story that is funny, angry and deeply human … Baddawi is the story of her father’s childhood in a Lebanese refugee camp. It is also the story of hundreds of thousands of displaced Palestinians.’ — Molly Crabapple, author of Drawing Blood
- Beneath Our Armour
Beneath Our Armour is unique. This sequence of portrait poems covers vast tracts of history, geography, and personae in a way that is at once intimate and epic.
- Contemporary Australian Feminist Poetry
Australia has a rich history of feminist poetry but there is no one kind of feminist voice.
Each of the seventy new poems commissioned for this anthology cuts its own path through language. Together, their politics are restless, inextricably tied to the now.
‘Content lampoons and laments the narcissism that accompanies the supposed information age … Ferney’s poems gun their way through a globalised economy with acronyms, diminutives, and inventive linguistic flares.’ — Gig Ryan
- Devious Intimacy
‘This is arrestingly incarnated poetry diffused with female luminosity.’— Pam Brown